IDology 2016 Fraud Report
About the Research
The IDology 2016 Fraud Survey polled senior executives from IDology’s customer base. IDology customers come from a variety of industries – from banking and other financial services, to healthcare, retail, telecommunications, energy & utilities as well as other consumer and business services. Sizes of the companies range from large enterprise organizations to small business as well as non-profit and educational institutions.
Of those who responded, 15% are senior C-level contacts, 29% are VP/Director level contacts and 28% are managers whose daily experiences revolve around ensuring a positive customer experience while still mitigating fraud. Additionally, 18% of respondents were Analyst-level contacts.
This report brings together these survey results with the experience and expertise of IDology, a leading provider of real-time and integrated technology and fraud prevention solutions that verify an individual’s identity and age for organizations doing business in a customer-not-present environment.
Global Survey Result Highlights
- Suspected fraud attempts level off for some, increase for others
- Online fraud continues to be most prevalent
- Call center fraud decreased
- Mobile fraud tactics make big shift to phone number recycling, SIM changes and SMS intercepts
- Investment in mobile channel continues to increase
- Account takeover and first party fraud grow
- Organizations are better prepared to prevent growing fraud techniques
- Recon & social engineering lead call center fraud
- Large dollar fraud continues to rise, but small dollar fraud remains dominant
- Detecting risky domains is the most popular email fraud deterrent
2018 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 720, Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: 678-324-3800 | Fax: 678-324-3824
©2015 IDology. All rights reserved.